Saturday, March 1, 2008

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

Last night I made this tilapia recipe. It has a very strong parmesan tangy flavor...next time I'd probably spread less of the cheese mixture on the fish. I also only got 1lb of tilapia which was plenty for the 3 of us. Both Dan and Liam liked it.

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened (I used 1/8 cup)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used 2tbsp of light mayo)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets (I made 1lb of tilapia)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.

Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

sounds good. you know.. except for the fact it's fish.


I might try it, though, and do a fish for troy and chicken for me. you know.. after lent and everything.

thanks for the share!

Anonymous said...

I am definitely going to try this- I am always looking for fish recipes with sauces or something- so it hides the fact that it is fish.

Christie said...

That sounds really good. Although with my fear of all condiments, I'll have to drop the mayonnaise and see if I can find a less threatening ingredient. :)