Thursday, January 3, 2008

Anyone else tired of bad news?

I have to tell you that I am getting really tired of hearing about bad things happening to people, especially GOOD people. I've been spending a lot of time thinking about my friend Jeff and the loss of his dad just before Christmas. And what a hard year his dad had, which in turn made for a hard year for the whole family. Jody also had a difficult loss in her family and I could feel her sadness for her loss and also for the loss to her mother. Then today I go to a blog I read regularly...Poop & Boogies...and, through his comment section, I investigate and find that William's dad has unexpectedly, it seems. passed away. This after they buried his wife's dad a few weeks ago. And his dad is his chief inspiration for his blog.

I suppose the older I get the more this will happen, but it doesn't make it any more palatable. In fact, it makes life feel less sure, less stable, more fleeting, and vastly more precious.

Rest in peace, loved ones.

2 comments:

WILLIAM said...

Thank you Susie.

Carrie said...

bleh. thanks for the heads up about P&B...


xxoo