Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nose

But of COURSE Liam was up several times last night needing his nose blown and crying for only THAT reason. And of course he was coughing and refused to take Delsym. And you KNOW that when I got Shea this morning, his nose sounded a bit rattley and he keeps sneezing.

If things are on schedule one of them should be pulling their ear tonight when my hubs is at his after-work function and I am dead on my feet.

Poor little things. Liam is so pathetic and EXTRA EXTRA whiney. He must feel like crap. I can always get him to laugh though, when I help him blow his nose and say "JUICY!" when he fills the tissue. HA!

Shea is still in decent spirits - well maybe a little quick to temper today. *sigh* . I had hoped to get them out of the house to the mall today. Liam's most favorite place on earth. And return 2 things as well as get them some "out" time and Liam working those little legs at the mall. But I'm not going to bringing him and blow his nose the whole time. Looks like another day with movies and tv.

I am feeling something going on in my own head and it's not the voices, Sybil, it's the beginnings of whatever they have so I need to get started on the Zicam and Airborne. My brother should be suitable boged out tomorrow with the runny nosed kids (he has none by choice) but he'll get a real-life snapshot of my work life now, won't he?

Also Shea does this thing and I'm guessing it's a normal thing...I've heard of head banging being normal so this HAS to be normal... he flaps his arms a lot when he's sitting down. And then when he's laying down...especially during little night wakings...he slams both feet against the mattress. So when he has a slight waking I can hear thwap.....thwap.....thwap. Liam still makes this weird nasally sound when he's rubbing his blanket at bedtime. I hope he quits it by the time we decide to have them room together - another year or so - because he does it pretty loud.

Ok that's all I got - runny noses and weird child-soothing habits. Whatchoogat?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hey! We've got runny noses too. Quinn was so pathetic, but would thankfully sleep. All night long and then long naps. That's what he does when he's sick!
The mall is Quinn's favorite place as well! He loves it. We even used it for rewards when potty training. Get five stickers - trip to the mall. WooHoo! Ours has a little park type place inside. so nice.
Hope there's not too many more "JUICY" tissues in your future.